McKinsey & Company has officially launched “Forward”, its regional flagship virtual learning platform aimed at young professionals in the first years of their career.
Mckinsey forward learning Platform – The structure
Forward participants across the Middle East, Africa, and Turkey will have free access to a six-month learning journey designed and delivered by McKinsey experts. They will join a global network of ambitious young professionals. Fifty percent of the participants who joined last year’s pilot programmes were women. Eighty percent worked in small and medium-sized organisations or were entrepreneurs. Of those participants, 99% shared that they would recommend Forward to others.
Rakan, one of the alumni of Mckinsey Forward learning platform, said, “Forward teaches you simple things, but they’re so effective, and when you learn them, you just think: ‘Why hasn’t anyone taught me this before? Why didn’t I learn them in school or university? They’re such crucial skills.’”
Mckinsey Forward learning platform distinguishes itself from traditional online learning and leadership development programmes by offering a cross-cutting programme focused on practical skills and delivered in a fully digital and virtual model.
McKinsey experts and industry practitioners have developed the curriculum and content to address real insights from the firm’s research about foundational skills required in the future of work. Sessions are delivered by McKinsey leaders. The journey also contains collaborative peer-to-peer learning activities that give participants an opportunity to apply and embed learnings in their current roles.
Viktor Hediger, senior partner at McKinsey, shares, “Forward offers a transformational experience for young leaders at a very critical point in their career, their first or second job, where they need the most guidance. In this fast-changing world of work, these young people have the power to shape the future for themselves and others around them”. He continued, “We have been intentional in developing a learning journey that we believe is relevant for every young professional, complementing their technical knowledge and inspiring a mindset of life-long learning even beyond the program itself.”
At a practical level, Mckinsey Forward learning platform aims to teach young leaders how to:
- turn complex business challenges into opportunities using structured and creative thinking
- communicate in a clear and impactful way
- apply agile ways of working and spot opportunities to use data and technology
- be adaptable, build resilience and emotional awareness to work successfully ― both independently and in teams ― especially in times of change
To participate in Forward, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- currently residing in Africa, the Middle East, or Turkey
- have at least one and no more than five years of formal work experience
- have completed post-secondary education (for example, diploma, associate degree, or undergraduate)
- have a good command of the English language since the program will be conducted in English
Applications for Mckinsey Forward learning platform are open until 21 November 2021. Interested candidates can now apply here: https://www.mckinsey.com/forward/overview.