This virtual conference, themed “Developing Ghana: Achieving Adequacy through Effective Management and Development of Pensions, will be held on Wednesday, 21 July, 2021 from 9:30am – 1:00pm.
The Pension Industry Conference
The 3-tier pension system, emanating from Ghana’s first pension reforms, chalked its 10th year in 2020.
This half-day virtual conference has been structured with the objective of:
- Bridging the gap between major players in the pensions industry such as the Regulators, trustees, fund managers, custodians, consultants etc. with the real sector, capital markets, the broader investment community, contributors, retirees, other pension plan beneficiaries and the general public.
- Assess the performance of the 3-tier scheme within its 10 years of existence
- Serving as a platform to educate as well as better connect the public to the pensions industry.
- Identifying strategies and solutions to sustainably address key industry challenges and concerns.
Delegates will collaboratively identify potential opportunities available to drive economic growth and support national economic development thereby ensuring the attainment of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The conference is being organized by Penguard Business Solutions and Consulting, a pensions consulting and business solutions firm in collaboration with Ghana Talks Business, an online business content platform.
We expect over 100 participants to join the conference. High-profile speakers, including the Minister of Employment and Labour Relations, and a representative of the pensions regulator as well as seasoned industry experts, will cover 4 key thematic topics, namely:
- Adequacy of pensions for the Ghanaian workforce – 10 years into the 3-Tier Scheme
- Developing the Economy through Pensions
- Riding on Technology to Drive Pension in Ghana
- Informal sector penetration, cracking the code
We also aim to have a panel discussion on the below topic which will be moderated and discussed by top industry peers:
- “Has the 3-Tier lived up to its Billing?
Who Is Attending
The event is expected to host private and public sector participants from the Financial Services, NPRA, SEC, Government Reps, Corporate Trustees, Individual/Independent Trustees of various Schemes, Administrators, Contributors, Sponsors, Fund Managers, Custodians, Board of Directors Reps, Board of Trustee Reps, Labour Unions, C-Suite individuals among others.
Participation for the conference is free. Attendees can register online via www.ghanatalksbusiness,com/pc
For any additional information about the conference, kindly contact the event secretariat on +233207556621, +233544229858 or via firstname.lastname@example.org