With the mission “to create and maintain an enabling entrepreneurship environment that promotes vibrant Small and Medium Enterprises to the upliftment of the economy and the quality of life of each individual,” the Entrepreneurs Foundation of Ghana (EFG), adjudged Charles Antwi-Boahen as the Outstanding Entrepreneur of the Year 2020 at 11th Ghana Entrepreneur and Corporate Executive Awards.
About Charles Antwi-Boahen
Charles Antwi-Boahen is the Managing Director & CEO of Kab-Fam Ghana Limited, an electronic retail giant firm in the country. Charles Antwi-Boahen is a product of the University of Ghana. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in Sociology and Political Science.
The desire to own and run a successful brand in the electronics industry had been a long-lasting dream of Charles until its establishment in May of 2013. His objective was to supply electronics and home appliances from brands such as Samsung Electronics, Midea, Toshiba Appliances, NASCO electronics to Ghanaians. Tapping into the entrepreneurial attributes of vision, innovation, integrity, hard-work, resilience and determination, Charles Antwi-Boahen has made a positive impact on society with his company brand.
Through his leadership and foresight, Kab-Fam has witnessed an exponential rise within a period of six years. He has built Ghana’s best electronics and home appliances company with 12 branches and counting. It is worth noting that before the establishment of Kab-Fam, Charles Antwi-Boahen was a Business Development Consultant with an air conditioning distribution company for a year.
Besides Kab-Fam, Charles Antwi –Boahen has businessess in the real estate, construction and automobile industries. He has employed hundreds of Ghanaians.
Achievements & Awards
In 2020, Charles Antwi-Boahen received the Global Excellence Business Leader award and the International Business Achievers Award 2021. These were awarded by the Swiss School of Business and Management, Geneva (SSBM).
In the just ended Ghana Entrepreneur and Corporate Executive Awards, Charles Antwi-Boahen was awarded the Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2020.
In an interview after the awards, Charles Antwi-Boahen urged young entrepreneurs to pursue their business goal with diligence as one day their efforts will pay off.
Other award winners at the just ended Ghana Entrepreneur and Corporate Executive Awards included:
• Mrs Rosy Fynn, CEO of Busy Internet Gh. LTD. for Outstanding Telecom CEO of the Year Award2020
• Mr. Romeo Richlove Kweku Seshie, CEO Quick Credit & Investment Micro-Credit Limited for Outstanding Microfinance CEO of the Year Award 2020
• Mr. Kofi Addo Agyekum, CEO of Kofikrom Pharmacy Limited for Outstanding Pharmaceutical Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2020
• Mr Richard Nii-Armah Quaye, CEO of Quick Angels Limited for Outstanding Financial Services Entrepreneur of the Year Award.
• Mrs. Boatemaa Kakra Duffuor-Nyarko, CEO of Starlife Assurance Company Limited for
Outstanding Life Insurance CEO of the Year Award 2020
• Ms. Beatrice Agyemang, Group Chief Executive Officer Media General Gh. Ltd. for Outstanding Media Broadcasting CEO of the Year 2020
• Madam Salma Salifu, Managing Director Dignity DTRT Ltd. for Outstanding Apparel Manufacturing Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2020
• Madam Nathalie Akon Gabala, Regional Director Western, Central and Northern Africa-Master Card Foundation for Outstanding Country Director of the Year Award 2020
• Mrs Florence Larbi, CEO Environment and Sanitation Group for Outstanding Managing Director of the Year 2020
• Mr Richard Nii-Armah Quaye, CEO of Quick Angels Limited CEO Quick Angels Outstanding CEO of the Year Award 2020
• Mrs. Amma Frimpomaa Dwunah, Managing Director SIC Life Savings and Loans Ltd. for Outstanding Savings and Loans CEO of the Year
• Mr. Mahesh Shah, Managing Direct De United Foods Industries Gh. Ltd. for Outstanding Food and Agro Processing CEO of the Year Award 2020.
• Mr Charles Antwi-Boahen, Managing Director KAB-Fam Ghana Ltd. for Outstanding Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award 202.
• Dr. Kofi Amoah–Abban, Founder and CEO of Rigworld Group for Outstanding Entrepreneur of the Year Award 2020
• Mr. Kwame Osei-Prempeh , MD & Group CEO Goil Company Limited for Outstanding Group CEO of the Year
• Mr Dhiraj Lakhiani CEO Blow Group of Companies for Outstanding Beverage Manufacturing CEO of the Decade Award 2020
• Mr. Steve Ocloo, Managing Director of Nkulenu Industries LTD. Outstanding Food-Processing Entrepreneur of the Decade Award of the Decade
• Mr Nour Seklaoui, Managing Director Electroland Ghana Limited for Outstanding Electricals and Electronics Entrepreneur of the Decade
• Mr. Pawan Aidasani, CEO Jay Kay Industries and Investments Ltd. for Outstanding CEO of the Decade.
• Mrs. Freda Yahan Duplan, Board Chairperson Zenith Bank Ghana Limited for Outstanding Corporate Personality of the Decade
• Mrs Patience Tsegah, Managing Director Unicom Chemist Ltd. for Outstanding Woman Entrepreneur of the Decade
• Mr Collins Okley Otoo, CEO of Nungua Warehouse Group of Companies for Outstanding Business Executive of the Decade.
• Dr. Emmanuel Adu-Sarkodee, Group Chairman CDH Group for Outstanding Business Leader of the Decade,
• Nana Abra-Appiah Board Chairman, Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited (CBG) for Outstanding Board Chairman of the Year, Award 2020
• Mr. Mukesh V. Thakwani, CEO B5 Plus Group for Iconic Industrialist of the Decade
• Mr. Kofi Nsiah-Poku, Executive Chairman Kina Group of Companies for Outstanding Entrepreneur Personality of the Decade
• Dr. Kwaku Oteng, Founder and CEO of Angel Group of Companies for Outstanding Entrepreneur of the Decade
• Mr Alfred Baku Executive Cice President and Head of West Africa (Gold Fields Gh. Ltd.) for Overall Best CEO of the Year Award 2020
• Mrs. Patricia Poku-Diaby CEO Plot Enterprise Ghana Ltd. Overall Best Woman Entrepreneur of the Decade
• Dr. Joseph Siaw Agyepong Founder & Executive Chairman of Jospong Group of Companies for Overall Best Entrepreneur of the Decade
• Mr. Parshotam G. Aidasani Chairman, Jay Kay Industries and Investments for Ghana’s Greatest Entrepreneur of all Time
• Dr. Felix Kweku Anyah, Holy Trinity Medical Centre for Ghana’s Greatest Entrepreneur of all Time