Success may be a relative term, one’s definition of success may be different from the other. But what may be objective about success lies in its requirement of persistence, hard work, tenacity, motivation, inspiration, innovation, and creativity.
Every entrepreneur or a business owner may at some point in their life be overwhelmed by the weight of life’s pressures, and the rollercoaster ride of starting and running a business. Setbacks, obstacles, and delays are some barriers that any business owner or entrepreneur will face and thus will require a little bit of motivation, inspiration, and persistence.
Having mentors you look up to and paying attention to their words of inspiration, can be the boost you need to keep your eye on the prize. Quotes from influential entrepreneurs can do same.
Influencial Entrepreneurs and their Quotes
Great entrepreneurs and business owners such as Steve Jobs, Mark Zuckerberg, and Tyler Perry have not only built successful businesses. These influential entrepreneurs also cite some of the most persuasive, inspirational, and motivational quotes that inspire millions of people across the globe.
Their quotes stem from their failures and successes, experiences, and work ethics.
Here are some of the most inspirational, motivational, and persuasive quotes from influential entrepreneurs that can trigger a drive for success, inspire creativity and innovation.
1. “When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue.”
-Josh James, co-founder and CEO Omniture, founder and CEO Domo
2. “I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.”
-Jeff Bezos, founder, and CEO of Amazon
3. “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.”
– Mary Kay Ash, Founder Mary Kay Cosmetics
4. “It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen.”
– Scott Belsky, co-founder Behance
5. “The only thing worse than starting something and failing… is not starting something.”
– Seth Godin, founder Squidoo
6. “Fearlessness is like a muscle. I know from my own life that the more I exercise it the more natural it becomes to not let my fears run me.”
– Arianna Huffington, president and editor in chief The Huffington Post Media Group
7. “Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.”
-Howard Schultz, CEO of Starbucks
8. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”
– Walt Disney, founder of Disney
9. “Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset. It ensures that you will absolutely be doing things different from everybody else.”
– Sara Blakely, founder of SPANX
10. “Be passionate and bold. Always keep learning. You stop doing useful things if you don’t learn. So the last part to me is the key, especially if you have had some initial success. It becomes even more critical that you have the learning ‘bit’ always switched on.”
11. “The question is not whether you have the money. It is whether you have the hustle. There’s a difference!”
-Nicky Verd, Keynote Speaker
12. “To be successful, you have to have your heart in your business, and your business in your heart.”
– Thomas John Watson, Sr. – American entrepreneur, founder of IBM Inc.
13. “Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.”
-Winston Churchill, British politician
14. “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”
– Walt Disney, founder of Disney
15. “The important thing is not being afraid to take a chance. Remember, the greatest failure is to not try. Once you find something you love to do, be the best at doing it.”
– Debbi Fields, found Mrs. Fields Cookies
16. “You shouldn’t focus on why you can’t do something, which is what most people do. You should focus on why perhaps you can, and be one of the exceptions.”
– Steve Case, co-founder of AOL
17. “It doesn’t matter if a million people tell you what you can’t do, or if ten million tell you no. If you get one yes from God that’s all you need.”
– Tyler Perry, founder of Tyler Perry Studio
18. “Don’t stop. Narrow your focus to one idea, and make it work. That will give birth to all of the others. All you can do is plant the seed and water it.”
– Tyler Perry, Founder of Tyler Perry Studio
19. “Empower yourself and realize the importance of contributing to the world by living your talent. Work on what you love. You are responsible for the talent that has been entrusted to you.”
– Catharina Bruns, Founder WorkIsNotaJob
20. “The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.”
– Vince Lombardi, executive, head coach, player NFL