365 days or 52 weeks is a very long way to go in life. Yes! This means that a whooping 365 days of your life have just whisked past. The year came with different experiences for everyone. Some had a joyous year with successes and great achievements. For others, this year represented “a year to forget” with sorrows, failures and disappointments. For a few others, they experienced a little bit of both. Whatever your experience has been so far, it’s very important to end the year on a high note. Let’s take a look at a few key ways to end 2015 on a high.
1.Evaluate yourself – Self evaluation and introspection is a very vital part of human progression. In order to succeed and attain heights, it is quite expedient to look into one’s self to identify weaknesses, strengths and opportunities. This helps to know where you fell short ,what you did wrong, ways to correct all wrong-doings and ways to improve life in general. This will help prepare you for the coming year.
2. Celebrate happy moments – Life doesn’t have to be a continuous normal wake and sleep process. Sometimes there are sad moments when you feel nothing is going well. Other times, everything goes well and you achieve one goal after another. When you achieve great things, you have to celebrate. Just a little spark from time to time is highly beneficial. Find a way to celebrate happy moments.There are a lot of things to be happy about this past year. Did you get married? Did you have a baby? Did you get a promotion at work? Did you graduate from school? Did you win an award? You have to make sure you celebrate such happy moments. Remembering them is fine but going out, having a party and talking about how good the year has been is such a fantastic way of appreciating how wonderful 2015 has been for you.
3. Go on a short vacation – After all is said and done, you need to rest, relax and come back in the new year refreshed, rejuvenated and ready for the challenges ahead. A short weekend trip or a brief holiday is one sure way of calming yourself and releasing stress. Go on an island, a beach resort or a fantasy destination. Somewhere you have never been or you have been dying to go to. Rest, take pictures, go hiking etc. Just have fun. Book a hotel, go far away from home and enjoy yourself. After all, they say “life is short” and “You only live once”.
4. Make peace with everyone – The end of every year gives everyone the chance to make peace with everyone. Have you offended anyone? Has anyone stepped on your toes? This period is the time to forgive and ask for forgiveness. There is absolutely no reason to end the year with so much hatred and ill-feeling for others. Enter the new year having made peace with yourself and with all other persons. Life is better when you have a good rapport with all.
5. Make financial plans for the coming year – If you fail to plan your finances, you are always at risk of having financial crisis all year round. Instead of making progress, you might end up trying to balance your finances. Therefore, the New Year is the right time to start afresh with your financial planning. Make your own budget for 2016 and stick to it come what may. Your life is only as comfortable as your financial stability.
6. Learn new skills – Never end a year without adding some value to your life. It is never too late to learn a skill. We need basic skills in our daily activities. Although some see certain skills as “luxury”, it is interesting to know that knowing one basic skill or another can help save a life or make someone’s life easier. For example, if you don’t know how to swim, try to start some swimming lessons now. Driving is another basic skill. Imagine an emergency in your current location where there is a car and no driver? You could save the day if you knew how to drive. Attend driving lessons and be a master of the road in no time. It is never too late to learn a new skill as it stays with you forever.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Credit : Jovago.com