JCDecaux SA,the number one outdoor advertising company worldwide, announced today that it has completed the acquisition of Continental Outdoor Media, the leader in outdoor advertising in Africa, in partnership with a community owned investment company, Royal Bafokeng Holdings (RBH), with a shareholding split of 70/30. RBH’s long-term investment approach, coupled with their commitment to the African markets resonated with JCDecaux, leading to the formation of this strategic partnership which leverages the strengths of both partners.
With more than 36,000 advertising panels and a presence in 16 countries (Algeria, Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, and Zimbabwe), JCDecaux becomes the number one outdoor advertising company in Africa.
Key Figures for JCDecaux:
– 2014 revenues: €2,813m
– JCDecaux is listed on the Eurolist of Euronext Paris and is part of the Euronext 100 index
– N°1 worldwide in street furniture (491,950 advertising panels)
– N°1 worldwide in transport advertising with 140 airports and 279 contracts in metros, buses, trains and tramways (379,060 advertising panels)
– N°1 in Europe for billboards (180,590 advertising panels)
– N°1 in outdoor advertising in the Asia-Pacific region (215,350 advertising panels)
– N°1 in outdoor advertising in Latin America (51,150 advertising panels)
– N°1 in outdoor advertising in Africa (36,000 advertising panels)
– N°1 worldwide for self-service bicycle hire: pioneer in eco-friendly mobility
– 1,078,370 advertising panels in more than 70 countries
– Present in 3,700 cities with more than 10,000 inhabitants
– 12,300 employees