On Wednesday (October 18, 2017) President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo launched the National Digital Property Addressing System, also known as the Ghana Post GPS.
The app for the system was developed by VOKACOM. Asaase GPS will be used to generate street address and postcode in Ghana.
Here are steps on how to use AsaaseGPS
• You can use AsaaseGPS on your computer, phone, or tablet to search, explore, and find your way around Ghana.
• On your computer, open www.asaasegps.com, on your phone or tablet, use the AsaaseGPS app.
• Visit your App store to download the AsaaseGPS App for free from Google Play Store and Apple store for Android and IOS users respectively.
• Once the app is installed, follow the instructions to register, verify and confirm your login details.
• No payment is required to download or use the AsaaseGPS app.
How to verify your address
• Click on the menu button
• A menu will appear with a ‘Verify Your Address’ button
• Click on the button to verify your address
• A pop-up message will ask that you close or continue with the request.
How to generate your address
• Ensure your phones location button is turned on.
• Open the AsaaseGPS app and click on the button
• Your unique address will appear next to the Digital address, for example, Digital Address: GA-543-0125
• The first two alphabets represent the region and district. The 3-digit that comes after the first two alphabets is the postcode The last 4 digits represent the unique property address.
How to contact emergency services using the app
• Click on the emergency button
• Select the service you require i.e. Police Service, Fire Fighter Services or Ambulance Service.
• Type in additional information and click on the ‘Send Location’ button.